The pandemic showed us that if we do not adapt to the change, we would be the yesterday’s news. We cannot ignore that our traditional way of working has shifted upside down because of the pandemic. In addition, we cannot overlook that the chunk of the task is now fully functional remotely. These days’ cybercriminals are actively trying to sabotage your life. Hence, it is necessary to back up your email data. Gmail is one of the giant email services out there in the market by Google. The majority of people frequently use Google email clients. Therefore, taking Gmail backup is necessary to ensure that your data is safe from accidental losses or cyber intrusion. In this blog, you can follow the simple steps to configure the Gmail backup and restore.
Step to follow-
- Go to myaccount.google.com
- Browse through the “Privacy & Personalization” tab, where you have to click on “manage your data and personalization.”
- The third step in the process is to scroll down to the section “Download or Delete Your Data” and click on “Download Your Data.”
- The moment you click on “Download Your Data,” it will take you to the Google Takeout page.
- Under “Select Data to Include,” check the box you see next to the Gmail icon. Also, check other boxes from different apps. You will see that some services have buttons, namely “Multiple Formats.” Do not forget to check that button to select from the multiple formats you wish your data would download. After completing this step, you can jump straight to the “Next Step.”
- You can receive your Gmail backup and recovery data through various methods. Click on the arrow underneath the “Delivery Method” tab to view the options. The options include emailing a download link or adding the data to your Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
- You can choose the frequency of your export, including one-time export or once every two months (up to one year) export options. You can also select the type of file and the maximum size of the file. If somehow your file size exceeds the limit you set, it will automatically be divided into multiple files. Also, if the file size is exceeding the 2GB mark, it will use the Zip64 compression method. After selecting all the necessary settings, click on the “Create Export” tab that starts the exporting process.
- It might take days to finish, so you must have patience. For some reason you wish to cancel the export, you can easily do it by clicking on “Cancel Export.”
These are some of the simple steps you should follow to back up your Gmail data. If you have any other questions in your mind, or you need step-by-step guide on a specific topic, feel free to write to us. Our experts at NerdsShop will get back to you with the solutions that you are seeking.